Enable’s outstanding career captured the imagination of the racing world and won her legions of devoted fans in the process. Here’s eight lesser known facts about the amazing mare.
1) Enable won 11 Group 1 races throughout her career that’s one more the legendary Frankel.
2) Her career prize money totals at £10.7 million which puts her as third in the highest earning mares of all-time (Gentildonna second and Winx first).
3) When Enable and Frankie Dettori won their first Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in 2017, Dettori broke the record number of wins in the race for a jockey with five.
4) Although she’s synonymous with Frankie Dettori, she was ridden by Robert Havlin and William Buick in her first two starts.
Enable winning on debut at Newcastle 2016 👑 pic.twitter.com/wSaDPW4VoC
— Racing Tales (@Racing_Tales) February 27, 2020
5) She is closely related to multiple USA Group 1 winner Flintshire, who was twice second in the Arc, with their dams being full sisters.
6) Even though she has spent most of her life based in Newmarket, she has never raced at either of the racecourses located next to the town.
7) She was foaled on February 12th, sharing a birthday with Abraham Lincoln.
8) Enable now lives at Juddmonte’s Banstead Manor Stable in Newmarket as a broodmare and she will be visited by Kingman in the near future.