Saturday will see wonder mare, Enable, attempt to rewrite history by becoming the first horse to win the King George at Ascot on three occasions.
Her outstanding career has captured the imagination of the racing world and won her legions of devoted fans in the process.
1) Should she win on Saturday, she will overtake Frankel for Group 1 wins. The pair currently have 10 wins apiece.
2) Her career prize money totals at £9.3 million – more than three times the earnings of Frankel.
3) When Enable and Frankie Dettori won their first Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in 2017, Dettori broke the record number of wins in the race for a jockey with five.
4) Although she’s synonymous with Frankie Dettori, she was ridden by Robert Havlin and William Buick in her first two starts.
Enable winning on debut at Newcastle 2016 👑 pic.twitter.com/wSaDPW4VoC
— Racing Tales (@Racing_Tales) February 27, 2020
5) She is closely related to multiple USA Group 1 winner Flintshire, who was twice second in the Arc, with their dams being full sisters.
6) Even though she has spent most of her life based in Newmarket, she has never raced at either of the racecourses located next to the town.
7) The horses that have finished behind Enable (when Enable won the race) the most times are Alluringly and Magical with four.
8) She was born on February 12th, sharing a birthday with Abraham Lincoln.