What does this policy cover?
This policy describes how Great British Racing Limited (also referred to as “GBR”, “we” or “us”) will make use of your data in order to: manage and administer the following websites- www.greatbritishracing.com; www.inthepaddock.co.uk; www.under18sracefree.com; and www.greatbritishracinginternational.com and any of our microsites from time to time (our sites); to process the personal data of invitees to hospitality events; and to manage and administrate its Great British Racing International (GBRI) Members Club.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which GBR carries out. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the “What rights do I have?” section.
What information do we collect?
We collect and process personal data about you when you:
- fill in your details on our sites, register for our services, subscribe to our newsletters or other services and participate in any interactive functions on our sites or when you report a problem with our sites;
- fill in your details, register for our services or subscribe to our newsletters or other services via any of our landing pages;
- enter one of our competitions;
- are nominated to become a GBRI Member;
- accept your nomination to become a GBRI Member;
- agree to attend a hospitality event;
- otherwise provide your details to us by phone, e-mail or in writing.
The information you give us may include any or all of the following: your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, date of birth and gender.
What information do we receive from third parties?
Sometimes, we receive information about you from third parties. In particular:
In the case of managers of co-ownership entities wishing to place a listing on www.inthepaddock.co.uk, we collect information from the British Horseracing Authority Limited for the purposes of checking if the entity is registered.
We collect publicly available contact data from the Thoroughbred Business Guide and other media for the purpose of inviting individuals to hospitality events.
How do we use this information, and what is the legal basis for this use?
We process this personal data for the following purposes:
- As required by GBR to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to respond to any comments or complaints you may send us or to contact you with service- related information for our sites;
- we monitor use of our sites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and sites, both online and offline;
- we will use your information to send you marketing where we don’t need your consent- via post, phone or targeted direct marketing via the internet, such as through social media sites;
- we will use data in connection with legal claims, compliance, regulatory and investigative purposes as necessary (including disclosure of such information in connection with legal process or litigation); and
- Where you give us consent:
- we place cookies and use similar technologies in accordance with our Cookies Policy and the information provided to you when those technologies are used;
- to provide you with newsletters and other marketing information for which you have chosen to subscribe;
- to administrate our competitions;
- to invite you to hospitality events;
- for the GBRI Members Club, to provide you with information and offers in relation to the your membership; and
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
Wherever we rely on your consent, you will always be able to withdraw that consent, although we may have other legal grounds for processing your data for other purposes, such as those set out above. To withdraw your consent at any time, please email email@example.com or activate the unsubscribe function on an email.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
We will share your information with data processors that provide IT services to GBR, for the limited purpose of hosting, supporting and maintaining their software.
We also share information with our other data processors, who carry out tasks such as hosting our email databases and sending out service emails on our behalf.
Where you accept an invitation to one of our hospitality events, we will share your name with the venue in addition to any other information that you ask us to share with the venue such as your specific dietary requirements.
In the case of managers of co-ownership entities wishing to place a listing on www.inthepaddock.co.uk, we will share your information with the British Horseracing Authority Limited for the purposes of checking if the entity is registered.
For those who advertise their co-ownership entity on www.inthepaddock.co.uk you acknowledge and agree that your name will be published on this site. If users of this site wish to contact you, they will need to use the built-in contact function.
We will share your information with social media sites in order to carry out targeting marketing.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if required for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
Information that you share in public areas may be accessed, used and stored by third parties.
We take no responsibility for third party use of your personal data when you share it in public areas of our sites.
What rights do I have?
You have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal data; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal data; and to obtain the personal data you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal data in some circumstances (in particular, where we don’t have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement).
These rights may be limited, for example if fulfilling your request would reveal personal data about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us – or our data protection officer – using the details set out below. If you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred. This is likely to be the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK.
How do I get in touch with you, or your data protection officer?
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your data. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to either the Head of Legal or Data Protection Officer c/o British Horseracing Authority, 75 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6LS.
How long will you retain my data?
Where we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, we do this for as long as your consent is active.
Where we process your personal data on the basis of your registration on www.inthepaddock.co.uk, we do this for as long as your registration is active.
Where we process your data for the purposes of hospitality, we do this for the period leading up to the event and for a period of three years after the event in order that we can refer back to invitation lists from previous years and re-invite previous hospitality guests.
Where we process your data for the purposes of the GBRI Members Club, we do this for the period during which you are a member of the club and for three years thereafter in order that we can re-invite previous members to join the club.